Datalight develops, markets, and supports software that makes devices that run the world more reliable, responsive and cost-effective. Since 1992 Datalight has produced both a file system and a FTL flash driver, giving us an in-depth understanding of technologies used in the flash controller as well as file system technology.
"We build car infotainment systems. If the filesystem breaks, the system shuts down and the driver is left in the dark. We test to the extreme and found out that Datalight's Reliance Filesystem, never breaks! Very re-assuring in a competitive market. Well Done!"
-Anonymous leader in fleet management systems-
Datalight FlashFX Tera
FlashFX Tera is a flash memory manager, or Flash Translation layer (FTL) that frees developers from the volatility and constraints of a single-source flash memory driver while handling wear leveling, bad block management, and other vulnerabilities of NAND flash memory. Versatility allows fast integration with over 300 flash chip part numbers. Dynamic chip select provides run-time flexibility of using just one driver image, saving money and lowering supply-line risks during production.
Pre-written support includes SLC and MLC NAND and NOR parts from top manufacturers (Intel, Micron, Samsung, Toshiba and Spansion), and application processor flash controllers (like Freescale iMX 5x, i.MX 6x and Texas Instruments OMAP). Our high performance, multi-threaded flash drivers provide superior wear-leveling, bad block management, garbage collection and fast read/write speeds.
- Supports SLC, MLC NAND, SPI serial and parallel NOR flash from multiple vendors in one driver;
- Wear-leveling and bad block management protect flash from premature failure;
- Multi-threaded architecture reduces latency between multiple flash access requests;
- Includes run-time flash part and/or NAND controller selection;
- Adheres to strictest NAND programming standards including support for addressing read disturb and charge migration
- Offers superior performance regardless of file system;
- Software ECCs provide up to 5-bit detection, 4-bit correction per 512 bytes of data and 4 bytes of metadata;
- Configurable for higher software EDC;
- Works with any 32-or 64-bit operating system or in a “no OS” system;
- Pre-ported versions available for:
- Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact
- Wind River VxWork